Electro-Harmonix spent a number of months constructing what we believe to be the best heavy metal pedal in history. The Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff Distortion uses three very powerful EQ bands that include a mid-range control. They are perfectly designed for impeccable contouring and together with the strikingly sculpted mids, the Metal Muff offers a defined top-end and commanding bass coupled with great user-controlled distortion from a pinched-edge to entirely crushing distortion, therefore, making it a gold mine.
Mild to Wild
Electro-Harmonix is known to produce distortion pedals, which pretty much run the gamut of irresistible and dynamic distortion. Metal Muff distortion pedals resemble the Big Muff and adding the extra-distorted push you are looking for.
Turn the volume up, add some bass, and reduce the distortion level down to zero to obtain light distorted sounds that respond perfectly to your axe. Then, crank up the distortion to the maximum level to get the shredder’s dream.
A Convenient Boost Foot Switch for Licks and Leads
In case you are in the middle of your set or if you require an extra push, then your Metal Muff distortion pedal makes use of a convenient boost switch, which is located at the bottom left corner. The boost and bypass switches feature an easy to see light that glows red. This light lets you to know when the switch is engaged or disengaged.
Shape Up your Sonic Signature
The control knobs on the Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff distortion pedal feature top boost, output volume, bass, treble, middle, and distortion level control dials. The three-band EQ controls offer you plenty of space to shape the mid-range punch, darkness, and brightness of the signal. If that is not enough, just crank up the top boost knob especially if you wish to get sound that is a little more edgy to cut via the mix.
Buffered Bypass Advantage
There is a lot of hype about obtaining a pedal that utilizes a true-bypass configuration. Most guitarists do not realize that the unwanted noise that invades their signal can result from the use of excessively long instrument cables. The buffered bypass configuration normally takes care of this problem, so your signal does not lose any high-end frequency especially if you intend to use long cables during the recording session. It is appropriate that you fire your guitar with the help of the Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff distortion pedal to allow your amplifier and axe to do the talking.
• Buffered bypass
• One-quarter inch output
• One-quarter inch instrument input
• The volume control knob that sets the output level
• The metal-voiced distortion pedal has three-band EQ
• Easy to see indicator lights for boost and bypass switches
• A top boost foot-switch that engages the top boost function
• Bypass foot-switches used to disengage or activate the effect
• Distortion level control knob which adjusts the quantity of input gain
• Bass control knob provides up to 14 decibel (dB) of boost and cut in bass frequencies.
• The mid control knob provides up to 15 dB of boost and cut in middle frequencies.
• The treble control knob provides up to 10 dB of boost and cut in treble frequencies.
• The top boost control knob provides extra bite when it boosts the narrow band in high-frequency ranges. The knob has no effect when the top boost control is inactive.
• Powered by external (DC) power supply or a nine-volt battery. The external power adapter is sold separately.
• The Bass has +14 decibel of gain, which is centered at 120 Hz.
• The Mid-range has +15 decibel of gain that is centered around 300 Hz
• The Treble has +10 decibel of gain that is centered on 1.2 kHz.
• The output volume contains a full +18 decibel of gain while the distortion has 10 decibel of gain.
• The knob controls include bass, distortion, treble, mid-range top boost and volume control knobs.
• The metal muff gives a splendid array of alloys, which range from lead belly, molten slag, blast furnace dross, to slithering mercury.
Push the pedal to the METAL
• A unique top boost knob that allows one to dial in any frequencies between 3.5 and 4.3 kHz. Define a powerful rhythm that has a single touch of the dedicated top boost foot-switch of this metal muff or add to the edge of a solo.
All controls are designed in a way that they interact together for a uniquely powerful distortion and maximum cutting edge. The step up and stomp down on the Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff distortion pedal gives some awesome metal-voiced distortion.
In conclusion, the Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff Distortion that has a top boost is regarded as a monster of distortion pedal. It is a contender for the best metal distortion pedal available in the market today. Metal Muff packs an unprecedented amount of tonal versatility for designing a perfect metal distortion tone. It takes you to the most crushing metal distortion that is imaginable with an obscure adjustment of its easy to use control knobs. This Metal Muff delivers maximum metal.