In the market today, there are a number of distortion or overdrive pedals and most of them say the same this on their description. The Effectrode Tube-Drive Overdrive pedal is simple to use, beautifully built, and flexible enough to create a wide palette of tones ranging from the mellow blues, classic rock distortion, and the creamy, super saturated contemporary guitar tones. The secret behind this tube-drive are the three dual triode tubes that usually operate at three hundred (300) VDC. They are biased to create symmetrical signal clipping across six (6) cascaded tube gain stages. Practically, this means that the Effectrode Tube-Drive Overdrive pedal responds emphatically to select an attack with a graceful and smooth breakup feature on low drive settings, therefore, generating a sensitive and expressive heartfelt blues tone.
If you wish to introduce musical harmonic and rich overtones that pack some serious punch over a larger-than-life, “hot-rodded” amp tone then you have to increase the drive. Effectrode Tube-Drive Overdrive tone quality and remarkably sounds, musical, and organic are distinctly different from pushing an amplifier with a solid-state diode clipping. Otherwise, even a tube overdrive pedal or hybrid opamp and it does not mask the natural sound produced by your amplifier and guitar.
• Swappable Tubes – The gain and tone characteristics of the Effectrode Tube-Drive Overdrive can be altered with drastically by interchanging tubes. This tube-drive distortion pedal is designed for easy access to the tubes because of this particular purpose. It is easily and quickly transformed into mellow blues driver, hi-gain distortion beast, or a boost pedal by replacing a tube with a totally different type or doing away with it completely. For example, you can swap out the top 12AX7 tube that is located at the right-hand side with a lower 12AU7, 12AV7, or Mμ 12AY7. You can purchase a variety of miniature nine-pin double triode tubes to try this out. This alters the pedal’s tonal characteristics and gain so that it becomes bluesy sounding and more full-bodied.
• Tube gain circuitry – This is the sole pedal that contains a complete tube-drive guitar preamp inside. It is also a class-A pedal, one hundred percent (100%) analog, it operates at three hundred (300) VDC real amp plate voltages, and all-tube meaning no silicon in its signal path. This topology offers the Effectrode Tube-Drive Overdrive pedal a fine control over such a broad range of gain features that range from mild breakup all the way to creamy saturation.
• Dakaware Knobs – Authentic phenolic Dakaware, which are Chicago knobs that are manufactured in the United States of America (U.S.A) using the original 1940s molds.
• Daylight visible orange light-emitting diode (L.E.D) – The orange daylight visible light-emitting diode indicates when the pedal is engaged or disengaged.
• Low-end contour switch – It is in order for you to activate the low boost for richer and warmer sound. This is mostly useful when used with single-coil pickups because they thicken the sound especially when it is playing at very low volumes to actually compensate for the loudness. In the digital world today, the Effectrode Tube-Drive Overdrive is a perfect tonic where guitar tones can sound one-dimensional and flat.
• 12V Wall-wart Power Supply – The high-quality, low-noise switched mode twelve-volt (12V) DC power supply at 1.5A wall-wart are compatible with all our pedals. It accepts the one hundred volts (100V) to the two hundred and forty volts (240V) AC mains input. In addition, it comes with diverse mains outlet adaptor plugs. This means that there is always a plug to fit in the socket of the very country that you are playing it in.
• The Active Bax-Stack tone control – The Effectrode Tube-Drive Overdrive is the only distortion that has an active tube tone control. Unlike the passive tone stacks, the Bax-Stack in this system is a real cut and treble boost circuit that has zero insertion loss, which can simply do away with frequency content (known as tone sucking). This tone range is optimized so that it can work effectively over significant frequencies especially those that are essential for some serious crunch to mellow jazz tones.
In conclusion, the craftsmanship of Effectrode Tube-Drive Overdrive is top notch. Typically, there is nothing delicate about it. The sealed pots make sure that dust does not get into them. In addition, it features some special pots, which can handle force whenever they are stepped on. On the other hand, it still has exposed tubes though they are guarded with metal rails.
Look here for more awesome overdrive pedals.